K Grant Intensive Writing Workshop
One of the top priorities of the Center for Translational Medicine is to increase the number of funded K grants on the UTSW campus. The K Grant Intensive Writing Workshop is intended for UTSW junior investigators who are submitting K grants for each NIH cycle.
“This workshop helped me to reduce redundancy in my writing.”
Participants attend each week, engaging in a peer review of each other’s specific grant section, guided by Bob Toto, M.D. Guest speakers will be brought in to enhance the learning experience. This is a workshop designed for serious grant writers.
For more information, including expectations, please see the current workshop announcement.
- “Terrific workshop… Dr. Toto is very committed to our success and I appreciate his dedication.”
- “I learned that I need to write more clearly to make everything clearer to those outside my research field.”
- “I learned that I need to prepare early, have plenty of people read through it, and that every part of the grant is critical.”
- “It became obvious that both the mentor and the mentee need to communicate clearly with each other and be on the same page in the grant writing process. A mentee cannot write the grant alone.”
- “The workshop helped me clarify how best to leverage strengths of my various mentors.”
IMPORTANT DATES FOR K GRANTS
K Series (New)
These dates are deadlines for investigators submitting a new K Grant application:
- February 12, 2015
- June 12, 2015
- October 12, 2015
K Series (Renewal, Resubmission, Revision)
These dates are deadlines for investigators submitting a renewal, resubmission, or revised K Grant application:
- March 12, 2015
- July 12, 2015
- November 12, 2015